Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Anyone tried Summit Racing bran rotors?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 11:51 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone tried Summit Racing bran rotors?

Summit Racing is having a sale on their brand brake rotors for $35. Anyone used them? I will be do for some in next litte bit as mine have already been turned once. Seems like a good deal. They are cross-drilled but not slotted. I think I need some bling there because they standout with the TTIIs over them. Hopefully it won't be too rough stopping. Thoughts?
Old 08-25-2006, 07:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Autozone rotors are cheap as sh** and the autocross guys were giving good reviews last I heard.
Old 08-25-2006, 08:26 AM
12 Second Club

I'm using Summit's cross-drilled rotors on my daily driver 98 Sonoma 4 banger. So far they are working good. I put them on several months ago. One thing I found with my first experience with cross-drilled is that they definately have better bite when it's raining. Normally you lose some braking ability in the wet and these just bite right down. I'm using NAPA application engineered pads with them. I haven't looked at them close lately to see if any cracking has started that everyone says is an issue with the drilled rotors. If they've got LS1 rotors that cheap I should buy some to replace my stockers that are starting to warp again.
Old 08-25-2006, 08:27 AM
TECH Resident

Never mind they are sold out except for rt front. May try another brand. Will try to stick with drilled as they add some bling.
Old 08-25-2006, 09:04 AM
12 Second Club

Yeah..I looked on their site after I posted and all they list are the right fronts which sucks.

Quick Reply: Anyone tried Summit Racing bran rotors?