PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 04-29-2016, 04:40 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
"See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Chevrolet Camaro or Pontiac Firebird Interior Guides "
Print Wikipost

Does pulling the negative battery terminal reset the computer?

Old 01-13-2005, 01:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does pulling the negative battery terminal reset the computer?

Hello all. I swapped MAF and I wanted to reset the computer. I disconnected the negative battery terminal for about 30 minutes thinking this would do it. When I started the car again the radio presets were still there. Did I reset the thing or do I need to pull a series of fuses? Thanks in advance.
Old 01-13-2005, 01:57 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it's gonna take at least an hour to reset it unplugging the battery. There are 2 fuses that you can pull, but I don't remember which ones, maybe someone else will chime in.
Old 01-13-2005, 02:03 AM
10 Second Club

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by calongo_SS
I think it's gonna take at least an hour to reset it unplugging the battery. There are 2 fuses that you can pull, but I don't remember which ones, maybe someone else will chime in.
Yes it will take some time with the battery disconnected to make any kind of difference, not sure if it has to be the negative one or if either terminal will do. I used to leave it overnight just to get a good reset.
My battery was disconnected today (positive side) for my QTP header install and my radio presets remained intact after reconnecting as well but the clock was off/wrong, I think the radio has internal memory for a few hours of no power.
The two fuses to pull are the 'PCM BAT' and 'PCM IGN' I think but I like the overnight battery disconnect method better.
Old 01-13-2005, 05:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Clearing computer.

1.Turn key to the On postion but don't start the car.
2. Remove PCM Bat and PCM Ing. fuses, they are located in the engine compartment.
3. Wait 5-10 minutes then turn the ignition key off.
4. Replace the fuses and start the car.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Does pulling the negative battery terminal reset the computer?