Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls1 rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 07:54 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default ls1 rebuild

Just wanted to get some thoughts from experienced ls1 guys. I'm rebuilding my ls1 with stock crank and rods. Stock rod bolts are being replaced with arp's. I'm using mahle powerpak pistons with 4 cc valve reliefs. I'm keeping my ms4 setup and installing PRC Stage2.5 5.3 heads. Hooker 1 7/8 lt's and exhaust with the BBK SSi intake. Drivetrain is m6 with 3.90 10 bolt. Hopin to get into the 11's with this set up.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:40 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's your question? Should definitely see 11's with what you said you are building. Hope that 10 bolt stays together lol
Old 10-30-2012, 10:26 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have your rods resized to accommodate the new arp rod bolts, and while your rods are at the machine shop have them check your crank to see if needs polished/ground. Also depending on which wrist pins you have (most likely the ls1 are pressed in rather than floating) so you will need the machine shop to hang the pistons for you. I would probably keep the cam bearings if they are within specs, I just get worried the machine shop will install wrong lol...but other than checking for piston to valve clearance with your cam and slugs you should be good to go...
Old 12-12-2012, 11:58 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wildcamaro
Have your rods resized to accommodate the new arp rod bolts, and while your rods are at the machine shop have them check your crank to see if needs polished/ground. Also depending on which wrist pins you have (most likely the ls1 are pressed in rather than floating) so you will need the machine shop to hang the pistons for you. I would probably keep the cam bearings if they are within specs, I just get worried the machine shop will install wrong lol...but other than checking for piston to valve clearance with your cam and slugs you should be good to go...
I just read this thread and wanted to share.. wow...fyi...
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...oing-come.html
Old 12-12-2012, 12:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

id ditch that intake. talk about a heat sink pit. go for a fast 92/92
Old 12-12-2012, 01:06 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

If buying pistons and ending up looking at the cost to press stock pistons off, the new ones on, resize for the ARPs etc. I would strongly consider an aftermarket rod instead.

Not saying stock is bad, but by the time you put that much effort in I think the cost to step up to an aftermarket rod would be minimal.

Quick Reply: ls1 rebuild