LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

LG Motorsports, not worried about getting your business, or about being a sponsor....

Old 02-12-2012, 03:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs down LG Motorsports, not worried about getting your business, or about being a sponsor....

I thought I would post this on here just in case anyone is contemplating doing business with LG Motorsports. I have NEVER contacted them before, until Friday afternoon when I called them about an adjustable panhard bar.

When I called LG Motorsports the other day, a younger sounding kid answered the phone, and I started to discuss with him why exactly it's necessary to get an adjustable panhard bar when lowering the vehicle. I've seen some people say it's not a big deal, and then I've seen other people say it's a must. I was a little skeptical about taking him for his word just because he sounded so young, but when he started explaing things, you could honestly tell that he knew what he was talking about. Then I asked him how much their on car, adjustable panhard bars were. This is when he told me that he was new, and was actually in the back in the warehouse, and that he would run up front and check.

He came back on the phone, and gave me the price, and I just said ok. What would shipping be to Indiana. He told me to hang on again so he could check, which I understood, he was new. So, he came back and told me $50 to ship it. I was like, "$50, are you sure that's correct? That's a lot to charge for one thing. Another company is telling me for a complete kit, sprints, lower panhard bar, upper panhard bar, and LCA's, that it will be $60-$65.(Which I did end up ordering through the other company, and they did indeed charge me $65 shipping for all of that.)" So, he asks someone else there if they were sure that that was correct, and he put me on hold again.

Then another guy comes on the phone, and this is when it gets interesting. I tell him I was just talking to another guy about a panhard bar, and that he was telling me that the shipping is $50 for that one thing. I told him that seems a little high for one item. He said something along the lines of, "well sir, it is about 46 inches long, so it's going to cost a little to get to you." I was trying to tell him that another company is telling me they are going to charge me $60-$65 to ship springs, upper panhard rod, lower panhard rod, and LCA's. He just raised his voice, and got real crappy with me, and said,"Instead of arguing with me, just order the parts from the other company then." I was just.......amazed. I wasn't arguing. I was just trying to figure out exactly what was going on here. I was actually GOING to buy the adjustable panhard bar, because the other one from the other company wasn't adjustable.

Once he said that, I said, "Aren't you a sponsor on LS1tech.com?" His response to that was, "Well, we try not to be." I didn't quite understand that, because it really just doesn't make any sense that they "try to be" a sponsor.

I told him, "well, I guarantee I am going to share this on LS1tech.com." His response to that was, "Ohhh noooo, have a good day sir." He said the Ohhhh nnooooo, in a cry baby type of voice. I was just dumbfounded that he said they for one, tried NOT to be a sponsor on this site, two, that they apparently aren't worried about getting anybody's business off of this site, and three, that someone there is willing to talk to a legitimate customer that is about to buy something, like he did.

I wanted to share this, so maybe anyone can remember next time exactly what this guy said, and that maybe it is better if they don't get our business.

I didn't get the guys name, because I was so pissed, and ready to get off the phone at that time. I'm sure the new guy would be able to tell someone, or be able to point him out there at the company.

Maybe this will get a reaction out of the company, and something will be done about that arrogant POS that decided to say all of that. I plan on emailing this to them as well, so they can see what happened, or maybe someone that actually DOES care in that company will take some action. I hope they take a little action, and do this ------> to the guy once they figure out who it was(which wouldn't be hard-ask the new guy.)

STAY AWAY from LG Motorsports!
Old 02-12-2012, 03:24 PM
On The Tree

Email sent, with link to this thread, to:

Info@lgmotorsports.com
sales@lgmotorsports.com
shipping@lgmotorsports.com

All of the email addresses there were for LG Motorsports. Anyone have the site(LS1tech.com) owners email address so I can send this to them? If a company wants to disrespect people like this, and say they "try not to be" a sponsor on here, then maybe they shouldn't be.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:01 PM
On The Tree

Yeah, I can see they aren't interested in the F body crown anymore. I'd say they proved that. But, maybe they don't realize it isn't just f bodys on here. I know there are ls3 guys on here. That could potentially be lost business. Now I think of LG Motorsports it makes me want to I've already ordered all my parts from Granatelli(their sales people are incredibly nice.) They don't have lower adjustable panhard rods anymore, so I'm going to get one from Founders.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:54 AM
FormerVendor

First off, let me say how terribly sorry I am to hear this, and it is in no way normal operating procedure for our company.

I'm not exactly sure who it was you were talking with but we will find out and deal with that here.

Now we do have a few new guys starting here at the shop and things have been a little hectic, so you might have gotten Tyler on the first go around, which is why he didn't know exactly some of the pricing on the items.

The 4th generation F-body parts we have here have been on closeout for some time so there isn't a lot left, and what is left is going for 1/2 off right now until it is gone.

If you do have any tech questions, thoughts or tech questions don't hesitate to get a hold of myself or Louis either on the board or if you call ask for either one of us only.

Again....please accept my apology for all of the team at LG Motorsports. As you can tell I don't spend a lot of time on this board myself, but Louis is generally on here 24/7
Old 02-13-2012, 12:54 PM
On The Tree

I'm not concerned with the new guy. He was extremely helpful. It was the guy that he passed the phone off to that was being the ***. The new guy I talked to, I believe he said he drove a Mustang. Maybe that will lead you to the correct guy, to figure who he passed the phone off to.

I don't even know how to respond to this.

Thanks for the apology. I just hope you figure out who it was. It doesn't look good when an employee talks down to a customer, especially when they tell them they "try not to be" a sponsor on here. He definitely didn't care about me posting this either. Maybe you can find him, and make him care now. lol
Old 02-13-2012, 04:57 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ive been on LS1tech since day one, and I can count on one hand how many times Ive had a customer post a thread because they were unhappy. We may make mistakes, but its what you do when those issues arise, that separate you from the rest. Im not perfect, and I have made my fair share of mistakes. When I realize a mistake is made, I do my best to go above and beyond to regain the customer.

I have a set of adjustable control arms. If I dont, I can make a set. PM me your address, and Ill take it out of Bobbys pay ( the snotty sales guy)

Louis
Old 02-13-2012, 05:03 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Louis
Ive been on LS1tech since day one, and I can count on one hand how many times Ive had a customer post a thread because they were unhappy. We may make mistakes, but its what you do when those issues arise, that separate you from the rest. Im not perfect, and I have made my fair share of mistakes. When I realize a mistake is made, I do my best to go above and beyond to regain the customer.

I have a set of adjustable control arms. If I dont, I can make a set. PM me your address, and Ill take it out of Bobbys pay ( the snotty sales guy)

Louis
Now that is a stand up thing to do. You have my respect sir.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:55 PM
Now you have my attention

Originally Posted by MikeFSKSpeed
No foolin'.

Wouldn't like to be Bobby right about now.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:20 PM
On The Tree

Wow is about all I can say at this point. I was up in the air if there would be a response from the company. I figured if I got a response, it would be one like Anthony's, and that would be all we saw(nothing against Anthony.). This was my assumption based off the way bobby acted.

I'm not one to feel comfortable with taking free things like this, because I feel like a beggar. But if I can make him regret it even in the slightest(hopefully it truly does come out of his check,) then I will. Lol.

Are you talking about adjustable lower control arms for the rear? I've been hearing things about the lcas with poly being noisy. That rubber is the way to go, or rod/rod ends. On car adjustable would be nice. Lol

In reality I called about the on car adjustable lower panhard rod in red. That's what I honestly called about. But, I'll take either/both! Put everything on bobbys tab!

I'll pm you just in case your serious with my address. Ill even post pics when/if parts get here to show that you did what you said you would. If this actually happens, I'll be amazed, and I'll have to take back what I said about you losing my business forever. But I would definitely avoid bobby like the plague.

If you can, do something else for me. Give this to bobby for me.

Louis
Old 02-15-2012, 12:35 PM
FormerVendor

Youll want a double adjustable PHR, thats for sure. As far as the LCAs go, I recommend the poly/heim setup. Put the poly on the chassis, and the rod end/heim on the rear end. Itll dampen the noise a little bit, but it wont be silent. If you track the car, Id try to stay away from rubber. Very counter productive unless you have to have the car dead silent.

Im rushing to finish a big LS7 road race build, then driving it to the customer 4 states away. I will be MIA until tuesday, then back to Atlanta for another track day. Give me a week or so, and Ill get with you

Louis
Old 02-16-2012, 07:43 PM
On The Tree

Youll want a double adjustable PHR, thats for sure. As far as the LCAs go, I recommend the poly/heim setup. Put the poly on the chassis, and the rod end/heim on the rear end. Itll dampen the noise a little bit, but it wont be silent. If you track the car, Id try to stay away from rubber. Very counter productive unless you have to have the car dead silent.

Im rushing to finish a big LS7 road race build, then driving it to the customer 4 states away. I will be MIA until tuesday, then back to Atlanta for another track day. Give me a week or so, and Ill get with you

Louis
Yeah, I'm wanting dead silent. So, I guess rubber then, huh.

Double adjustable. Is that on car adjustable?

Sounds good. I'll be here.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:28 AM
TECH Addict

Lightbulb

Ive been on LS1tech since day one, and I can count on one hand how many times Ive had a customer post a thread because they were unhappy.

Louis
Just because people don't post their displeasure with a companies business practice does not mean they are "happy."

I stopped doing business with LG 7 years ago when they sold me the WRONG set of Kooks Headers and refused to replace or even REPAIR the damaged passenger side header (IIRC had a shitty *** piece of metal weld covering on one of the primaries when it shouldn't have been there for my year car).

LG was downright rude and could not care less about the situation.

My Wife does a lot of traveling and is heavily into American Muscle Cars. She has a HUGE fan base being an International Glamour Model and Playboy Centerfold. We both STOPPED referring anyone to LG (we get asked where to buy what all the time; especially a Blonde with a modified, custom WS6)

So just because you haven't heard about negative feedback considering your company does not mean it is nonexistent.

You could have been oblivious to this incident or just didn't even care or maybe not as involved in the companies dealings back then but it left such a bad taste in our mouths that we never looked back.

So, unbeknownst to TSP, Texas Speed has received TENS OF THOUSANDS of dollars in business over the years as a result of direct referrals from us both here in S Fl and throughout the Eastern Seaboard and overseas when my Wife goes on Tour.

In this economy it never pays to be rude, condescending, or negligent with customers. You never know to whom you speak.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:54 AM
On The Tree

955 views. I'd say this thread is definitely getting noticed. Now, we just wait and see if they keep their word and follow through.

The Dragon, couldn't agree with you more. The way things are today, you don't treat customers like crap. There's always another company standing there chomping at the bit to take those paying customers.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:10 AM
On The Tree

Quote:
No foolin'.

Wouldn't like to be Bobby right about now.
LLooouuuiiiiiiiiiisssssss, where ya at buddy! I saw you post here yesterday. So, you must be back. Don't make them take back what they said about that stand up thing, or cause them to lose their respect! lol Especially a guy from another company.

No contact yet. Like I said in a previous post, I will be amazed if something actually comes out of this, or the company(Louis) keeps his word on what he said.

Last edited by fbodlovr; 02-24-2012 at 11:25 AM.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:00 AM
Launching!

I'm not going to read all the posts here, but I'll say this. I've used LG several times over the years and they have always been friendly and helpful. I love that big lovable guard dog they have. He looks mean as heck, but just wants’ to be scratched. lol It sucks when one bad aptitude can put a dim light on an entire organization. Don’t toss LG to the wolves yet. They are good guys, someone just needs to be reminded how important customer service is and the priceless value of "word of mouth". If I had not personally used LG in the past, I would have likely stayed away from them based on the first post here.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:56 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by captainwizbang
I'm not going to read all the posts here, but I'll say this. I've used LG several times over the years and they have always been friendly and helpful. I love that big lovable guard dog they have. He looks mean as heck, but just wants’ to be scratched. lol It sucks when one bad aptitude can put a dim light on an entire organization. Don’t toss LG to the wolves yet. They are good guys, someone just needs to be reminded how important customer service is and the priceless value of "word of mouth". If I had not personally used LG in the past, I would have likely stayed away from them based on the first post here.
Yeah, I don't doubt there are people who have had good dealings with them. The reason I posted this was to let everyone see what kind of employee works there. It might not be indicative of all the employees there, but one salesman in a way can speak for the whole company. Which this "bobby"did, and basically said the company isn't interested in ls1tech.com. And then you have Louise on the other hand that comes in here and says, "we may make mistakes, but it's what you do when those issues arise that separate you from the rest. I'm not perfect and I have made my fair share of mistakes. When I realize a mistake is made, I do my best to go above and beyond to regain the customer.

I have a set of adjustable control arms. If I don't, I can make a set. PM me your address, and I'll take it out of Bobby's pay ( the snotty

To this day, he has not even followed through with what he said he would do. This tells me this is still a company that isn't that worried about the customer, or trying to regain them. He said give him a week or so and he'll get back with me. Guess what, no Louise. And I know he's been back. He's been posting on the boards.

My thinking seems to be panning out about right, there would be no word kept on louiss part. It doesn't seem like Louise is worried about keeping face, or he would have been right back in here. We know he's seen these recent posts by now. And what is more disappointing is that another sponsor thought it was a stand up thing of him to do, along with another member, and then he doesn't follow through. Its my hope that people see this, and might think twice about doing business with a company that doesn't seem to be worried about their customers.

I'll pm Louise a reminder of this thread(which I'll bet he somehow forgot about,) so he knows that I still plan on sharing this with other members. Like I said earlier, if he actually followed through, he would probably regain my business, and I would be completely shocked. But until then, I plan on trying to steal possible customers towards other well known companies that actually want their business.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:57 AM
On The Tree

That wasn't meant to bash you at all captain. It just got me on a rant.

1,161 views. That's a lot of people seeing this thread.

Last edited by fbodlovr; 02-29-2012 at 12:07 PM.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:30 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by fbodlovr
That wasn't meant to bash you at all captain. It just got me on a rant.

1,161 views. That's a lot of people seeing this thread.
No problem and i know exactly how you feel. I had a dealing with Moser that left me a hating the company and product and I've been warning everyone I talk to away from Moser rear ends ever since. "Word of mouth" advertising is priceless and it can hurt or help a company. It's all up to them.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:59 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Did you get your parts?
Old 02-29-2012, 05:09 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im pretty sure that over the years Ive spent alot of money with over half of the sponsors on this site. If I had a dollar for every tool bag phone clown I had to speak to at sponsors of this board Id be friggen rich. Sometimes when you have a company you hire people that seem like they will do a great job and dont work out for reasons just like this . I have done business with LG multiple times over the years and have never had a problem. Always very helpful with parts and tech info. They really know there stuff. Its too bad your first experience was a crappy one. I would and still recomend them all the time.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LG Motorsports, not worried about getting your business, or about being a sponsor....