Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Beware of Greg Whitaker aka Chevpower

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 07:41 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Beware of Greg Whitaker aka Chevpower

Some time ago, (longer than I even wish to think about) I decided to take my car to Greg at WCR. To try and make a very long story short, after him putting me through hell and back for years, the end result is I've been F'ed out of a fully built transmission with transbrake & an L92 intake both in which were paid for in cash a long time ago. (See attached receipt).

I've heard every excuse in the book why I still haven't gotten my stuff, from house fires to sick children, to every family problem imaginable to him even swearing on his kids that I would get what I paid for.

There is a reason he hasn't been around lately and that's because he owes several people $ here in FL and then split to GA. where he is bouncing around trying to avoid everyone that's after him. For anyone else that is trying to track him down, his last know address is 387 old petross cir. vidalia GA. & Phone: (912) 805-4317 Email: WhitakerRacing06@aol.com

How many years do I have wait? I've since had to buy an entire new transmission and Intake. It absolutely kills me that I've had to buy this stuff twice! I hope this scumbag enjoyed living it up with my $$$. It's very obvious that i'm never going to see any of this stuff, I'm gaining nothing by posting this, I just want to give you guys a heads up so you don't get ripped off by this liar and thief, - Greg whitaker of WCR.

Old 01-26-2012, 07:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow thank u for posting this to give other people a chance. Sucks u had to go through this. But he deff will get what is coming for hin
Old 01-26-2012, 08:27 PM
FormerVendor

man, that sucks....

If we can help, let us know...I can give you my cost on parts man...

Erik@Lashway
Old 01-26-2012, 09:42 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Always sucks to hear about shady people like that
Hope he gets what he deserves
Old 01-27-2012, 02:40 PM
Launching!

more drama unfolds at Need2Speed.com
Old 01-28-2012, 12:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah Ive been reading it over there. Dude all I can say is I hope you get your ****
Old 01-28-2012, 03:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Well I'm in NE Florida so if you know where he's at then maybe I can do a little knocking on something other than his door. The marsh makes a nice place to take people when they have some thinking over to do, on how to right their wrongs. If this were Miami, I know the perfect place in the everglades to take someone to do this kind of soul searching, but I'm sure I can find a suitable compromise with the marsh if need be.
Old 01-28-2012, 12:05 PM
On The Tree

there's a whole lot more to this story than whats being said here......just saying
Old 01-28-2012, 12:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by gotjuice?
there's a whole lot more to this story than whats being said here......just saying

Well pretend this is a MAD LIB and fill in the blanks
Old 01-28-2012, 06:02 PM
TECH Resident

I know paula which is gregs wife and she is GOOD people. I couldnt see her letting her husband do something like this to anyone. I am not taking sides or calling you a liar but he has alot of happy customers out there. Maybe there is more to the story? Before anyone gets bash crazy step back and realize there could be more to the story?
Old 01-28-2012, 08:24 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 396D1SS
I know paula which is gregs wife and she is GOOD people. I couldnt see her letting her husband do something like this to anyone. I am not taking sides or calling you a liar but he has alot of happy customers out there. Maybe there is more to the story? Before anyone gets bash crazy step back and realize there could be more to the story?
i have paid receipts for **** that i have not received period!you said there might be more to the story,such as what??you know of happy customers,i personally know two other people that have been ripped off too.i have known these people for a long time too,Greg and i did business about 5 years ago and had no problems,things have changed at WCR.and they are not good.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:27 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by gotjuice?
oh yeah,enlighten me on what is missing since i have paid receipts of **** i have not gotten yet.
Old 01-28-2012, 09:25 PM
9 Second Club

Ok Let me clear a few things up here.. I can't battle two sites so this I hope will set stuff straight.
Yes he has a paid receipt for a trans and converter. Yes stuff happened and the trans was very late. We also messed up in Nov. and agreed to let a friend do the trans since Greg has been strapped for time and the friend needed money. The guy has went MIA and Greg was unaware the trans never got delivered till yesterday. We have admitted our fault.
His motor bill which has NOT been paid in full. But we are having the intake mailed to his house. I will myself will be making the order Monday. I have told him that.
The motor was also put on hold bc Chris his self was to do stuff to the car and engine bay. It was not completed. We had one employee and at on point on the clock Greg had him work on the car bc we wanted it done and out the way. We paid him! We moved to Ga. car still wasn't ready for a motor. Chris was not happy but agreed to let the car come with us. Crap happened as it does in life and **** just fell apart. Yes it's been a long time. We admit that and do not deny it. For the trans!! All we can do is fix it and resolve the issue correct?

All I can say is Greg is admitting his fault but it is not all on him for the total years. I hope you all understand that he is trying to get it resolved. I have stepped in to do as much as I can possible to make sure that happens. I am not going to bash Chris bc he is partly right. I am trying to be civil to him after we had words yes.
If you have harsh words then so be it. but no not deny Greg has admitted his fault and is getting everything resolved.

Paula
Old 01-28-2012, 09:39 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by RONIN LSX
Well I'm in NE Florida so if you know where he's at then maybe I can do a little knocking on something other than his door. The marsh makes a nice place to take people when they have some thinking over to do, on how to right their wrongs. If this were Miami, I know the perfect place in the everglades to take someone to do this kind of soul searching, but I'm sure I can find a suitable compromise with the marsh if need be.
Didn't he post our address? We are only around 135 miles from the Florida line honey come on up... Ga. is a lovely place... We have like 3 marshes pretty close...

I don't do threats very well and I don't take **** from no one. Thats one thing a few of these guys will tell you. Being a female in a mans world (racing) can do that..

In all fairness your comment of disposing of someone in a marsh was uncalled for. There's no denying when you take someone to the marsh it's to do so.

Like I said he posted our address. If you missed it reread the 1st post...
Old 01-28-2012, 10:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Blah...Blah...Blah... Who said anything about "disposing of someone in a marsh?" those were your word, not mine... But then again, this is the kind of paranoia that starts to set in when you go and **** someone out of their money for over 3 years! Instead of looking over your shoulder to see if "that person", who you ripped off, is following you home, what you people really need to do is stop making excuses for these past 3 years and make it right; this way no one needs to worry about getting dragged into the marsh for a good *** beating and long walk home!

And don't blindly open up invitations to people you don't know; especially when you real address is, apparently plasterer, all over the internet because you screwed someone over. There's lots of things out there that go bump in the night, things you think you can handle, but the reality is.... you can't!

Anyhow, from your post, it looks like you're trying to make it right... For this guys sake, I hope you're being truthful and it's not another 3 years of B.S.
Old 01-28-2012, 10:38 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by RONIN LSX
Blah...Blah...Blah... Who said anything about "disposing of someone in a marsh?" those were your word, not mine... But then again, this is the kind of paranoia that starts to set in when you go and **** someone out of their money for over 3 years! Instead of looking over your shoulder to see if "that person", who you ripped off, is following you home, what you people really need to do is stop making excuses for these past 3 years and make it right; this way no one needs to worry about getting dragged into the marsh for a good *** beating and long walk home!

And don't blindly open up invitations to people you don't know; especially when you real address is, apparently plasterer, all over the internet because you screwed someone over. There's lots of things out there that go bump in the night, things you think you can handle, but the reality is.... you can't!

Anyhow, from your post, it looks like you're trying to make it right... For this guys sake, I hope you're being truthful and it's not another 3 years of B.S.

Yes we are!!

As requested to keep your other comment to PMs I will do so. So if you think I can't handle it... PM me bc your wrong as helllllllll
Old 02-02-2012, 10:14 AM
Launching!

$350.00 for my missing intake in my paypal,big stuff still pending.
Old 02-12-2012, 01:48 PM
Launching!

little update,a fully built trans has been delivered and i am still waiting on $550.00 to hit my paypal and then this matter is finished as far as i'm concerned.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:53 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the heads up Skidmark. It's always good knowing ahead of time who to avoid doing business with.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:23 PM
On The Tree

same hard luck happened to Me with a different person it was Gary for me in orlando cost me a year of racing and a bunch of money !!!

Quick Reply: Beware of Greg Whitaker aka Chevpower