Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

car makes noise when clutch pettle is pressed in??

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 03:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car makes noise when clutch pettle is pressed in??

I bought a car the other day (00 SS six speed) and when I push in the clutch it makes a weird noise. Has soon as its engaged it goes away. But when shifting through the gears you can hear it when clutch goes in to shift. Someone said maybe the throw out barring but I thought that it was reversed. I can shift into every gear, get on it, etc and won't have any noises or problems just makes the sound when the clutch is pressed in. Please help!!!
Old 12-28-2011, 05:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it can be the throw out bearing or maybe the pilot bearing in the crankshaft.check your adjustment at the clutch

or

Loose/missing springs on the clutch pressure plate/clutch disc-when the clutch assy is open up it will tell the tale-

Last edited by ls2-GTO; 12-28-2011 at 05:32 PM.
Old 12-28-2011, 09:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had this exact same problem. My car drove just fine but as soon as I pushed the clutch to the floor I could hear the noise. I got to were I could find that sweet spot in the clutch pedal where the noise would stop. I pulled my trans to install a Monster level 1 clutch, new slave, new pilot bearing, and Tick master cylinder. Anyhow, once I got it apart I found that my throw out bearing was completely trashed along with my pilot bearing. As a matter or fact I have a picture of what my pilot bearing looked like. The needle bearings had turned to a black powder dust behind the bearing next to the crank plug. It actually did some minor damage to my input shaft. I'll post a picture up here for you of my pilot bearing and what it did to my input shaft. I would stop driving it if I were you.
Name:  bearing2.jpg
Views: 2583
Size:  32.0 KB
Name:  shaft.jpg
Views: 2428
Size:  55.1 KB

Quick Reply: car makes noise when clutch pettle is pressed in??