General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

how much freon should my 2k camaro z28 should have ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 09:40 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how much freon should my 2k camaro z28 should have ?

i replaced an ac line that was leaking, my question is how many ounces or pounds should a 2k camaro ls1 have its completely empty (meaning it leaked it all out)
???
Old 04-11-2011, 10:02 PM
TECH Veteran

You should really have it taken to a shop to have them pull a vacuum on the system to be sure it's not leaking anywhere else and to get all of the moisture out of the system. How long was it open? If it's more than a couple days, you should replace the receiver/drier canister. (Big alum canister on the pass side.)
Old 04-11-2011, 10:11 PM
Launching!

@ bayer-z28 yeah i know but im being a cheap *** (lol) limited funds, i never had it open it was just missing a o-ring i guess it was sort of open,,,,

i have added 10 ounces of freon w/dye i could barely tell da difference im just trying to get a nunmber so i can guess on it and it work decent till i start working fulltime ,, thanks on the reply i apreciate it
Old 04-11-2011, 10:19 PM
Launching!

@BAYER-Z28 dam i just remembered i was tryng to buy an air lid from u and my stupid paypal credit card was expired and so i started over again by confirming my new bank account and had trouble since paypal only made one deposit.... any ways it was a big mess fixin my paypal again... now its good do u still have it ???
Old 04-11-2011, 10:32 PM
TECH Veteran

^ I sold the lid. And if it was missing an o-ring, that receiver drier canister may be done. It's got a desiccate in it so it'll draw moisture out of the system. If it's got a leak at all, it could suck up the moisture from around it.

I do know the systems on this car are a lot higher than normal..
Old 04-13-2011, 11:03 AM
Launching!

Called the dealer and they said 1.5 pounds, I added a 20.5 ounces with dye and it's working fine , not bad for. $26 worth of freon ....

Quick Reply: how much freon should my 2k camaro z28 should have ?