General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

It is easy to cahnge side mount battery posts to top mount?

Old 01-21-2011, 07:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default It is easy to cahnge side mount battery posts to top mount?

I have a side mount battery posts and its a pain. Can the leads be changed out so that it can connect to the battery from the top? This would make it easier to attach other devices to.

Thanks
Old 01-27-2011, 04:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Go to best buy or even auto zone (I like the best buy ones better) an they have a post you screw into the positive and negative terminals. Cut the wires and crimp o connections on then solder. Done this with two f bodies. One of the best mods I've ever done... You can add as Many wires to the battery you want after that.

It looks like a cylinder the size of your thumb, one end has a stud sticking out, it goes into your battery, the other end has a bolt going into it, so all you do is remove the bolt to undo your battery. Mine is 14 mm so I don't have to worry about stripping it out like the factory 5/16th one.

It doesn't make it a top terminal, but I think it's better. Plus I've had this mod for like 6 years now and never gotten corrosion...
Old 01-27-2011, 09:01 PM
Launching!

They sell side post battery wrenches. They ratchet and are a good tool to have. Like 6 bucks at sears. Also they sell longer bolts if you want to add accessories.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: It is easy to cahnge side mount battery posts to top mount?