LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Frost mail order tune...can't be beat.

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 12:32 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs up Frost mail order tune...can't be beat.

I just wanted all to know that I had Frost do my tune and it is perfect!!!
He also shipped it the same day he finished it and it was a saturday!!
The price is unbeatable not to mention the service!! Thanks again Steve!!
Old 06-12-2009, 01:45 PM
11 Second Club

See? I always tell people "frost" and they never listen... hes a good guy!
Old 06-12-2009, 02:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

and how would you know it's perfect if you dont have the tools to verify it?
Old 06-12-2009, 02:19 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by RedHardSupra
and how would you know it's perfect if you dont have the tools to verify it?
Maybe the car wouldnt idle before and frost made it idle? it could be something that simple to make a customer happy man, why you gotta rain on his parade.
Old 06-20-2009, 05:51 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by brianfromhawaii
Maybe the car wouldnt idle before and frost made it idle? it could be something that simple to make a customer happy man, why you gotta rain on his parade.
Its an honest question if you think about it.

I got a mail order tune that ran great for DDing around town and short zips.
Once I data logged it with HPT at the track and I'm seeing 12.4 to 13.9 A/F @ WOT with 4º of knock when I shift to 3rd...
Old 06-20-2009, 08:03 PM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You can always question anything. Steve knows what he is doing. If there is anything wrong that is found he will fix it.

Last edited by MUSTANGBRKR02; 06-21-2009 at 01:26 PM.
Old 06-20-2009, 09:29 PM
Launching!

Another happy customer here too.
Old 06-25-2009, 02:40 PM
Teching In

+1 for FROST...he hooked it up!!! Had it back the second day after shipping it!!
Old 06-25-2009, 03:06 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by MUSTANGBRKR02
You can always question anything. Steve knows what he is doing. If there is anything wrong that is found he will fix it.
Not entirely true, I tried to send him my pcm to double check what the previous tuner had done and he said he doesn't "tune over" other tuners stuff and that he wouldn't look to see if anything was wrong...........
Old 06-25-2009, 03:47 PM
Staging Lane

+1 More for Frost. My tune is very good IMO. Fuel mileage is great car runs great. I'd send my computer to him again in a heartbeat
Old 06-26-2009, 08:24 AM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by clg82
Not entirely true, I tried to send him my pcm to double check what the previous tuner had done and he said he doesn't "tune over" other tuners stuff and that he wouldn't look to see if anything was wrong...........
Well I will also do the same, If a person brings me a car to tune and it has a previous tune by someone else, I just flash it back to stock and start over, I will not go through every parameter to see if the other tuner did anything out of the ordinary...
Old 06-26-2009, 01:14 PM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by moehorsepower
Well I will also do the same, If a person brings me a car to tune and it has a previous tune by someone else, I just flash it back to stock and start over, I will not go through every parameter to see if the other tuner did anything out of the ordinary...

sounds very reasonable to me, from what I'm reading and learning before I try to start my tune it seems that there are several ways to do most things to get the same/similar results...if one tuner tunes a different way seems like it could cause some issues and it would take a while to look through every little detail and compare when it would be much easier to start from scratch

kinda like wiring, nothing is worse than going back over someone else's hacked up best buy/ walmart install wiring trying to figure out what they did and why they did it so you can un-do it and fix it
Old 06-26-2009, 02:30 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the nice words guys...

In regards to clg82; he is the only troll that has ever followed my business around. He had issues with his car. He got mad because (seriously) I wouldn't work on his stuff for free. He got a tune that he thought was questionable and he wanted to send it to me through the mail (the PCM) have me put it on my bench and hook it up and check through what ANOTHER TUNER DID WITHOUT CHARGING HIM. After that, I was supposed to also pack it up and take it back and ship it for him on my time.

Who gets mad because a business won't work on their stuff for free? He got a short vacation from another board over it and has been mad at me since. See for yourselves in posts 15-17 in this thread: http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread...highlight=free
Old 06-26-2009, 02:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Frost
Thanks for the nice words guys...

In regards to clg82; he is the only troll that has ever followed my business around. He had issues with his car. He got mad because (seriously) I wouldn't work on his stuff for free. He got a tune that he thought was questionable and he wanted to send it to me through the mail (the PCM) have me put it on my bench and hook it up and check through what ANOTHER TUNER DID WITHOUT CHARGING HIM. After that, I was supposed to also pack it up and take it back and ship it for him on my time.

Who gets mad because a business won't work on their stuff for free? He got a short vacation from another board over it and has been mad at me since. See for yourselves in posts 15-17 in this thread: http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread...highlight=free
Dude you are an idiot. If you doubted your previous "tuners ability or purchased one you were unfamiliar about" then its your fault and no one should fix it for free because of your incompetence.
Old 06-26-2009, 02:57 PM
Staging Lane

Frost is helping me via e-mail with my tune, and has been nothing short of professional, and prompt.

I have nothing but respect for the "real" tuners and their knowledge, I see frost and many other real tuners helping many people with advice and guidance.

It seems to be the people who "expect" something for nothing that you have problems with.
Old 06-26-2009, 03:22 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by whytryz28
Dude you are an idiot. If you doubted your previous "tuners ability or purchased one you were unfamiliar about" then its your fault and no one should fix it for free because of your incompetence.
Like a bad neighbor,there's always an ******* in the bunch.Don't sweat over it FROST.
Old 06-26-2009, 03:24 PM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Well he didn't tune it. Nothing worse than being the guy in the middle. Steve is a good guy.
Old 06-26-2009, 03:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

wow...that is pretty rediculious to expect something for free small or not. now if it was a customer that has had stuff done in the past I can see "hookin" someone up but he has no reason to complain.
Old 06-26-2009, 03:58 PM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by transaman98
wow...that is pretty rediculious to expect something for free small or not. now if it was a customer that has had stuff done in the past I can see "hookin" someone up but he has no reason to complain.

exactly, recently I saw a member post here about how he liked seeing fucked up tunes so I asked about him looking at mine, but I was sure to mention I understood he runs a business and might not have time to do something for free or even want to

these guys run a business and it seems to be a pretty competitive one, plus if he tells you "yeah that tune is crap" then it just opens a can of worms when you get it back and tell everyone how Frost said brand X can't tune for **** or so on
Old 06-27-2009, 11:53 AM
TECH Regular

forst has been more than helpful.. shipped him my pcm thursday and its already on its way back... answers every question and pm i send him..

Quick Reply: Frost mail order tune...can't be beat.