Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

Has anyone run any KMJ Performance parts?

Old 03-24-2009, 11:13 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone run any KMJ Performance parts?

These guys have stuff all over Ebay and it's crazy cheap - kinda seems like one of those too good to be true deals. They sell shaft mount rocker setups for under $200!!!!
Old 03-25-2009, 02:37 PM
10 Second Club

we've bought 2 pro comp distributors from them.....one is headed to the track fri night to see how it works. and we just ordered everything to run braided fuel line.....My brother called and talked to them and they seem to be decent people.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:41 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Understand this, they sell products, for a good price, but they sell what is out there. So, the junk cheap products and junk, and the name brand products are great. So, i have used them with great luck so far, several times. But i did not buy junk. those shaft mount rockers? I seen them set up by a pro, 1/2 the shafts broke on start up.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:41 PM
Staging Lane

I'm with Zones on it though - if their products sell that cheap - then they are probably not quality parts. I just wondered if there was anyone out there that had any good luck with them. I'd hate to spend $200 on a set of their rockers brand new when I can get a set of good ones used for the same price.
Old 12-14-2009, 04:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"Back From The Dead"

Has anyone used there head stud kit?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SBC-C...Q5fAccessories
Old 12-14-2009, 05:15 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackTA96
"Back From The Dead"

Has anyone used there head stud kit?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SBC-C...Q5fAccessories

Ask yourself this, if you cannot do it right the first time, can you afford to do it again the second?

I have been warned about those knock off bolts/studs, not worth it.
Old 12-31-2009, 09:11 PM
Staging Lane

i'v had there rockers on my truck for three years now hydro stick 272 adv duration,z-28 springs pretty mild but i turn it to 7k pulling on ocasion seem to work great with there girdles they are relativley heavy though got about 30k on em not a tick even sent me the wrong poly locks then sent the rite ones in a couple days really good people
Old 01-01-2010, 07:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i have a set of thier pro-comp elctronics 5140 rods in a mild 355 with the old camel humps on it ( 9.75:1 compression).. the rods measured out with perfect clearance and very consistent, and they have good cap screw bolts, the rods looked pretty good for the price.. now the quality of material used might be a different story, that i dont know yet..

i am debating on using a set in my lt1 build, i might go up to the H-beam rods though, they're like $250, the 5140 rods are like $150. Mine come from speedway motors

wish someone that have used the rods would chime in, i'm interested also..i have looked around on the internet and havent found much about them.
Old 09-23-2011, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Fresca4u2
These guys have stuff all over Ebay and it's crazy cheap - kinda seems like one of those too good to be true deals. They sell shaft mount rocker setups for under $200!!!!
I put a set of their alumnium rockers with shaft on a big block mopar under 200.00 going on 2 years now in this 505 cid stroker I built for a costomer, with Eddy heads and a Bullit hyd roller cam w/530 lift and had no problems..
Old 09-24-2011, 05:28 AM
6 & 8 Second Club

Originally Posted by ZONES89RS
Ask yourself this, if you cannot do it right the first time, can you afford to do it again the second?

I have been warned about those knock off bolts/studs, not worth it.

No experience, and will NEVER have any experience with company's like this!!!
I do however read a lot, and help young racers on several forums, and this place is ripped apart all the time,
as mentioned, because people buy the stolen, counterfeit crap from company's
that make copies of other company's property.

Do yourself a favor, buy from the original designer, that actually care about their reputation,
and don't have a huge failure rate.

Old 02-28-2013, 09:43 AM
Teching In

I know this thread is old, but figured I'd bump it.

I needed an oil pan for a roller 355 I'm building. They had one for $65 shipped, which compares to a similar Moroso for $175. It's been like absolute hell to try and return this thing, (28 days working). I've called and spoke with the same guy 4 times, emailed him the requested pictures twice, and he claims he can't see the bent rail. Supposedly a shipping label is inbound to my e-mail.

Cant see the bent rail? You be the judge.

Old 11-20-2019, 12:00 PM

Default Waste of time and money

This company makes the worst quality products. I bought several of their products to do a budget build and none of the products fit correctly. Not only that some of the products don't even work right out of the box. Electric water pump wouldn't turn on right out of the box and they expected me to pay shipping to send the bad one back and pay shipping for the replacement. For their shitty product. The ignition set I ordered has the worst wiring schematic and the wire color codes do not match the wires coming out of the ignition box itself. The harmonic balancer is not balanced properly and cause a ton of issues with my engine costing lots of money to have fixed. It's all cheap and for a reason... It's all cheap ****! It's a major ripoff and will cost you more money in the end then buying a good quality product to begin with. Don't waste your time or money with them.
Old 11-21-2019, 08:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts

More Chinese garbage!! I hate it and Try to buy American every time I can!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Has anyone run any KMJ Performance parts?