Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Here are the bent Valve symptoms LS6

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 09:25 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Here are the bent Valve symptoms LS6

Ok for the 10posts i put make it easier it started to occur lil by lil and over time at 1st i had lil misfires nothing to affect driving badly but i would have known if it was bent valves but 100Psi on cylinders 2,4 an 6 and it misfired badly after time and i still have ls1 shift points that were barely messed wit at all so misfires real bad basically running on 3 cylinders and 100Psi on those 3 cylinders and so idk anyone wanna put there opinion
Old 03-03-2009, 10:35 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My opinion is exactly what I posted in your other thread. Bent valve will run fine if it's not bad. It'll also build compression.
Your main concern is finding it, if you over rev once and bend them enough to not sit flat on the seats, but run, it's very bad. What happens is everytime it hits the seat it bends back for a split second. All that bending back and forth will eventually break a head off one.

I know, I did it once, I over revved and it ran kind of funny but I got over 500 more miles out of it before an intake valve head broke off. Ruined the head, piston, rod, valve train, cracked the cylinder.

All the other cylinders had over 100 psi but the machine shop said the valves were all bent.

What exactly do you want an opinion on?

Quick Reply: Here are the bent Valve symptoms LS6